Life Drawing

Posted by Sofie W On 0 comments

So life drawing didn't quite go the way I expected. I was told the way I drew was wrong. At first I was a bit miffed but I kept open minded about the situation.
I've previously done life drawing from College and got taught nothing - we were told just to sit down and do it. So this was new to me, being taught that is, because thinking about it, I've never actually been taught how to draw.
Drawing quickly is going to be a struggle - A large drawing would take me between 4 and say 20 hours to complete, I'm really OCD like that and I hate leaving something unfinished.


As I missed a few life drawing sessions I took it upon myself to find my own model and do some serious sessions at home, I only made it to one of the sessions so I had a lot to catch up on.
For future reference I really need to look more into proportions and everything that comes within that area. I really struggle with getting my drawings proportionally correct, if it was copied from a photo then I have no problem as I can map out a grid, but drawing from something in front of me or from my head (which is going to be essential soon) is never as good. Dang!